Department of MCA
Creating a center of excellence for the students to develop high quality IT professionals and entrepreneurs. Thus, empowering students to meet the global needs and challenges with ethical and societal focus.
- To provide an environment that values and encourages knowledge acquisition
- To imbibe professional ethics in students that will help them to succeed and lead
- To instill lifelong learning approach in students to face global challenges
- To provide strong conceptual foundation complemented with extensive practical knowledge and skills
- To prepare students to analyze various business domains and provide solutions
- To teach modern computing tools to address complex computing problems
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To prepare students to excel in computer applications to succeed in industry/ technical profession.
- To provide students with solid foundation in mathematical and computing fundamentals and techniques required to solve related problems and also to pursue higher studies and research.
- To inculcate students in professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate computing issues to broader social context.
- To provide students with an academic environment aware of excellence, leadership and continuous learning, on technology and trends needed for a successful career.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
- PO1 Computational Knowledge: Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, mathematics and given domain to design appropriate computing models for a given problem and/or requirements.
- PO2 Problem Analysis: Apply fundamental knowledge of computing, mathematics and domain in order to analyze, identify, formulate and solve computing problems.
- PO3 Design/Development of Solutions: Design and evaluate solutions, systems, components, processes for specified set of needs/requirements with appropriate consideration of societal values and industry standards.
- PO4 Conduct investigations of complex Computing problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 Modern Tool Usage: Use of modern tools for delivering milestones like project development, testing, management, etc. with cognizance of limitations of these tools.
- PO6 Professional Ethics: Learn and inculcate professional ethics, cyber regulations, professional responsibilities and norms of professional computing world.
- PO7 Lifelong Learning: Acknowledge the need for continual professional development and practice it through self-motivated, independent learning.
- PO8 Project management and finance: Perform role-play of individual, team member and/or project leader while working on projects built on the computing and management principles to solve problems in various domains and environments.
- PO9 Communication Efficacy: Demonstrate efficacy in verbal and non-verbal means of communication like reports, design documentation and presentations to elaborate about complex computing activities for concerned stakeholders.
- PO10 Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Provide conducive environment for innovation and entrepreneurship leading to solutions for betterment of individual and society.
MCA Programme Details
MCA (Master of Computer Applications) is a three years Professional Masters programme. The objective of the programme is to create a center of excellence for the students to develop high quality IT professionals and entrepreneurs. Thus, empowering students to meet the global needs and challenges with ethical and societal focus.
In the sixth semester there is industry internship for the students which are a pre-placement exposure with the industry to work on live projects. This helps students to learn managerial and leadership skills, problem solving skills, team spirit, and professional ethics.
There is a plethora of job opportunities available in the market after MCA degree. MCA graduates are hired both by Government agencies and private IT companies. As a fresher initially MCA students are given a few weeks of training on the job, before they get started on LIVE projects. They need to work in different roles and areas in the beginning and then gradually specialize in a specific field.
After getting an MCA degree, one can enter any of the following roles:
- Full stack developer
- Testing Professional
- System Analyst
- Software Application Architect
- Software Consultant
- Hardware Engineer
- Technical Writer
- Systems Developer/Engineer
- Web Designer and Developer
- Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Intake: 120 Seats
Eligibility for Admission
Any Graduate (50% Marks for OPEN Category, 45% marks for RESERVED categories) with valid MAH-MCA-CET 2020 Score. Mathematics compulsory at 10th / 12th / Graduation Level. Merit List is published by DTE.
The selection would be done as per the guidelines given by the Director of Technical Education Maharashtra State time to time.
Code of Conduct
Every Student admitted to this Institute will abide by the Code of Conduct mentioned in Ordinance No. 157 of SPPU.