Computer Center and IT Support
The complete campus provided technological solution to students and faculties from Internet facilities to help-desk support. (https://desk.zoho.in/support/imcc)
The complete campus is registered under Microsoft Open Value Subscription Education Solutions Agreement. All the computes are under Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC). Sophos Firewall is installed in the laboratories for Network Security Purpose. New hardware and software are procured on a regular basis so as to provide a state-of-the-art computing facility to all the members
The high-tech Computer Centre comprising of 30 Core 2 Duo processor computers installed in one lab. Another lab is equipped with 60 Core 2 Duo processors. Computers in both the labs are connected to two high end servers of Dell Power Edge T110 branded with 8GB DDR. Besides these 20 Dell branded computers, seven Dell branded Laptops are available. A separate research Laboratory with High-end computing including NVidia graphics cards are available for testing new hardware, software and research work. The facility of internet comprises of two Leased lines of Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd. With 30 MBPS and BSNL with 10 MBPS bandwidths are available.
Moodle: Institute is having Learning Management System Moodle (http://imcc.mespune.in/) Each faculty have created their courses on this portal.
Few of the learning resources accessed through Computer Centre
- MOOC : Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are free online courses available for anyone to enroll. Institute asks students to enroll for different computer science courses in which they are interested. https://www.edx.org/course/subject/computer-science and https://www.iitbombayx.in
- NPTEL Video Lectures: National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) is a joint initiative of the IITs and IISc. (https://nptel.ac.in/course.php)
- Cognitive Exchange: Cognitive Exchange is a virtual coaching programme for the enhancement of life-skills. It targets college students globally.
- Swayam: SWAYAM is an instrument for self-actualization providing opportunities for a life-long learning. In Swayam learner can choose from hundreds of courses. (https://swayam.gov.in/computer-science/c/4/engineering)
- Spoken Tutorials: The focus of this course is on different technologies
- Language Lab communication skills, which cover the four major language skills, namely, reading, writing, listening, and speaking of different Languages.