About the MES's IMCC Library & Information Resource Centre
The Central Library and Information resource Center of MES IMCC, Pune was established in the year 1983. The period from 1996 and onwards can be considered as the metamorphosis period for the IMCC Library where the library is shifted from a traditional library located in few sq.ft. to modern hybrid library with a modern infrastructure providing daily 12 hours a sound library service.
The library is continuously upgraded by continuously acquiring the books, journals, e-resources, CD's, project reports as well as thesis. The Library is having a very rich collection of documents pertaining to Computer and Management, as well as it provides accessibility to the e-resources (2141) through the subscription of (ASPP) IEEE database, the N-List Database promoted by (INFLIBNET) and the Digital Intuitional Repository (IR) collection. The institute also has the DELNET membership for the library networking at the national level.
- Library is in the transition phase of automation from SLIM 21 (Version:3.4.0 ) to koha for providing effective accessibility on the web to varied user segments
- Total Implementation of library software modules
- Use of Bar Code Technology.
- Library Web-OPAC with advanced search facility http://mes-koha.informindia.co.in/
- Automation of Library budget operations and stock check activity
- Computerization of Circulation section including
- Auto transaction of library documents for the effective delivery of the documents as a time saving device
- Computerised user record and barcoding
- Generation of In-house Identity cards and the Borrowers Tickets by using the hi-tech printers ((Zebra ZXP Sries3, Canon IP 3680, and HP Laser Jet printers) and Lamination machine
- Daily user record
- Daily use record
- On-line SDI services
- Status Report of the library documents
- Digital Institutional Repository development using D-space Library open source software
- Access to project reports on the institutional campus wide network through the Digital Institutional Repository
|Sr.No.||Type of Document||Total|
|3||e-books & Projects||31,35,00|
- Reading hall with conducive environment
- Library service for 12.30 hrs daily (8.00am to 8.00pm)
- Well design library architecture
- Open access system and use of Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme for the systematic arrangement of the Books
- Use of proper signage system
- Digital Library access
- Add on card facility
- Internet search facility
- Database search facility
- Computerised transaction of Library Documents
- Online-Database Search
- ProQuest Management Collection
- N-List database(INFLIBNET)
- NPTEL Vedio Lectures
- Computerised SDI
- Indexing Service
- Reference & referral services
- Digital data of project : accessibility through the Institutional Repository
- Bibliographic Services
- Current Awareness Service
- Information Literacy Program
- E-mail/sms Reminders
- Full text & Database search of Project Reports
- Internet search
Library Research Center
Library has built up the the digital as well as printed resources to serve the need of research community. Libray provides a unique environment for research, study and scholarly exchange by maintaining a separate cell for the research. The research collection of library consists of variety of titles on Management and Computer Research areas.
Library services for the Research Scholars
- Home lending
- Hall Reading
- N-list database Search (INFLIBNET)
- Reference & referral management
- Antiplagiarism : Testing & Report Generation
- SDI Service
- Internet search facility
- Document Scanning
SET NET Training Program:
MESs IMCCs Training Centre for Library and Information Science has started organizing the SET/NET Training Programme from January 2016. The programme is focused on providing proper guidance to the fellow library professionals in order to prepare them for the SET/NET Examination.
The programme is having a social angle. As all of you are aware, the required academic qualification for a college librarian is M.Lib.I.Sc. and must have passed SET/NET. It is observed that after getting the degree of M.Lib.I.Sc., majority of the professional fellows are not able to pass the SET/NET even after several attempts for so many years. Its a major hurdle for the professional fellows in building the academic career. This programme guides the participants and also gives the required theoretical knowledge and inputs for solving the test papers.
Programme Objective: Provide guidance and support to the fellow library professionals in order to prepare them for the SET/NET Examination.
Coverage: Paper I, II and III Timings: 10am to 4.30pm
For further information kindly refer the FB page link bellow
Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Library Management, Automation & Networking (PGDLIMAN) is an autonomous programme of MES’s IMCC. It aims at developing the professional competencies of the library and information professionals in an automated and digital library networked environment. The program focuses on in-depth practical sessions for building the technological skills of the students supported by required sessions on the theory, in order to develop them as an independent library manager who will manage the library in the new era successfully. The Libraries today are impacted tremendously by the digital and networked environment. ICT has a major impact on the storage functions and delivery of information in the library. The task ahead is a major challenge to handle the voluminous data in the digitized form and to manage it successfully for serving the user segments in an effective manner.The programme is essentially a judicious mix of theory and practical components to develop technology based knowledge, skills and aptitude of library and information professionals.
The objectives of the programme are as follows:
- To imbibe the knowledge of the basic requirements of library automation and automated library services with the major focus on Open Source Library Software systems such as D-space and KOHA;
- To provide the knowledge and skills on networking and Internet technology in particular to the library and information networks
- To develop the Internet skills with special focus on the information resources available in different forms and subjects;
- To provide the knowledge and skills of web designing and the legal issues associated with electronic information;
- To enable the design and development of a programme by enhancing skills on programming based on the language C;
- Undertake a practical based project in order to specialize in one of the thrust areas on library automation and networking.
Program Designed for whom?
- Qualified Librarians
- Working library professionals from the various types of libraries
- Budding LIS candidates interested in upgrading the ICT Knowledge, skills and its effective application in the current automated and networked library environment.
Librarian (Selection Grade) &Coordiantor IGNOU SC 16142